Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gifts from a Friend VIA an Easter Swap

I received the greatest package the other day! As a lot of you know, Sue over at Sue Loves Cherries hosted a Vintage Easter Swap this year. I was partnered with  Velma of Down Our County Road.First off let me say that Velma wasn't foolin around when she put this package together. The box was big and heavy!! So you can imagine how excited I was to open it!

Just look at all the cute things she sent! The Easter Basket is the prettiest shade of blue!

This Hen and Chick plate is my favorite! Velma picked out something that I would have bought for myself had I seen it. I just love it!

My very first PEZ dispenser, and it's a little yellow duck! So perfect for me! LOL
Oh...and did you see those cute Cupcake Liners?? Velma probably doesn't know this but I took a course in French Pastry Arts in NYC. I love to bake!

This antique Easter postcard is so pretty. I like that it's not chicks or bunnies. Velma framed it so beautifully, and I think she hand painted the frame too!

I'm going to put these paper-mache eggs in one of my big glass apothecary jars. I think I might leave them out year round even. They're just so natural looking. Love them! OK this bunny....I still have to talk to Velma about this, but I think she sewed the details on him! His little body and ears have the cutest grey fabric stitched on. And he's got a darling lace collar, and little beads in his ears. She also gave him that great big crinkly, cream-colored bow at his neck. He's just great. 

Be sure to visit Velma at "Down Our Country Road" !
She just did a post on her lovely decorated home for Spring, and she's really sweet! :)

6 comments:

  1. You scored an adorable assortment there! That plate is the CUTEST THING EVER!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plate too - what a fun package to open up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet package to receive!! Love the plate!! Happy Easter Erica! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute...love all your goodies and what you sent to Velma...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came right over after visiting Velma.
    Such sweet treasures..
    I'm your new follower...hope you'll visit me :)
    http://betty-southerngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica,
    I'm so glad you like the things that I sent to you. I had great fun with creating your Easter basket. Isn't it funny that we both had the vintage postcard in mind?
    If you haven't seen it already, I did a post the other day about the items you sent me.
    Hope all is going well your way...hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)