Sunday, November 4, 2012

Recent Antique Store Finds!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all well. My mom and I hit a couple really good antique stores that were having sales on Friday. It was lots of fun, and I found some cute things! Best of all, I didn't spend very much.
This guy though was at the local thrift store for $14! He's 46 inches tall and vintage "Empire 1960's".

 I've been watching how much he goes for on EBay for the last couple of days. And he sells for over $150 if he's in great shape. Unfortunately this guy is quite "distressed" though. He doesn't have any holes or cracks and his light works, so that's good!

He's going to live with my sister and "the one". They've recently developed a passion for vintage holiday decor. I believe that I'll be able to help them out with this! haha

This is the little guy that I'm going to keep. He seems older than my other blow molds, no markings though. Does anyone have him? He was $5 at the antique sale! Do you see the white dresser in the background? It was my great grandparent's. It's spoon carved and original white chippy paint, but there is a problem!
All of the drawers are jammed really bad. I talked to a local furniture restoration place and he wanted $300.00 to re-align the drawers. No sure what to do with it now. My dad can't even get them to budge. Thoughts?

 Vintage wrapping paper for $1 and mercury glass beads for $2 a bag! I grabbed those empty ornament boxes to use to make little shadow boxes.

Did you all see the latest cover of "Romantic Homes" magazine? It features a drop dead gorgeous wreath by "Georgia Peachez" ! I've always wanted to make a similar wreath but couldn't bring myself to dip into my vintage ornament stash. Well I bought these ornaments just for the purpose of the wreath, and made sure I didn't spend over $2 per ornament. I'll post my result soon!

This old box is filled with cookie cutters, but I really bought it for the box! I love to store my glass beads and cards in them. The Santa will make it into my wreath, and I couldn't pass up the vintage white tree and pink house!

Haa! This pic looks like it doesn't belong in this post. But I also grabbed these fall and Halloween things at the antique sale for really cheap! And I can't do a post without a piece of PYREX you know! :) Oh wait!!!....

My dear friend Jill of "A Little Bit of Everything" has gone and done it again!
She gifted me with this little Butterprint bowl, and it couldn't be cuter! And look at the card she included.
Thank you Jill, I am so lucky to have your friendship! :)

OK Friends, I hope you enjoyed my recent finds. I've been feeling great and only have ONE WEEK to go in my cast! I've been doing some crafting, so my next few posts will be about the things I've been making instead of BUYING! Must quit all the buying! Why is it sooo difficult? :)


24 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaagh! You and Jill are KILLING me with your big Chrismtas blow molds! I only have a couple small ones and now the pressure is on to find my own. I love all of the vintage Christmas & can't wait to see your wreath. Be sure to take lots of pics so that I can hopefully copy you someday:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope in the next couple of months I find some great Christmas things too!!

    I just love both of the blowmolds, I should be satisfied with what I have, biut I think I want more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great finds.I love it all and great friends who send cute bowls are great.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be dancing soon. Love all these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at all your Christmas pretties!! Love it all! Yay, for one more week!! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how shabby your big Man is...All your goodies so cute. I have one of Suzy's wreaths and it is gorgeous....I can't wait to see yours. Keep up the junking...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to start visiting my favorite antique/thrift haunts in search of vintage Christmas. You certainly did well with your recent treasures. Love your Santa blow molds. The recovery countdown continues. You are on the homestretch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Santa is so cute. Your sister is a lucky girl. You find the best things. I am looking forward to seeing your wreath. Oh the butter print is my favorite. My mom used to have it and now I have been trying to collect it. I am so glad you are doing well and your cast is coming off soon. Hope you have a great week.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. you really got some nice things! i can't wait to see your wreath! i made one last year, but im not totally into it. i want to make another one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved all of the things you found, but that little elf really caught my eye, he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im loving your old santa! i saw a couple similar ones for 35.oo not too long ago. I wish I had bought one of them! maybe they are still there. Youve made me want to go back to look. I think Im ready to start decorating for christmas!
    Have a great week!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got some great Christmas bits here, love that little bowl too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome finds! I can't wait to see your wreath! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erica, You always find the best stuff. Love the Santa-they're not distressed, they're much loved! The Pyrex is adorable and what a nice gift.I can't wait to see the wreath that you come up with. You've got a nice selection of ornies to make it with. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Erica, you did it again! Great finds, those Santa's are just adorable. And they do sell for a bundle on eBay! I love those little boxes for shadow boxes, too. That's a great idea. You did good!
    ~Dorothy~

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH my goodness I love all your wonderful finds!! You found sooo many goodies! I can't wait to see what you've been creating! Woohoo for one more week!! :) xo Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, you do find the BEST vintage stuff! Love it all, but oh those sweet vintage ornaments & beads! I really need to stop buying and get on with projects. But how??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have one of your $5.00 Santas! It's a different kind of plastic than blowmold plastic, so I always thought they were older. Plus I'm always scared I'm going to drop him, because it sort of feels like it would shatter if it broke?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I never find stuff this good up here in the Cities! I need to drive south! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh so excited to discover your amazing blog......so much to love ...i will be following........some great finds too!X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jill sure is a sweet heart! I love that pretty bowl! Erica, you always pick out the cutest stuff to buy! I can't wait to see the wreath you are going to make! I bet it will be so fun and pretty! One more week.. yay!!!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always manage to find the cutest things!! Mercy. I need to go shopping with you sometime ;) I'm anxious to see the shadow boxes you make with those ornament boxes. I bet they are going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't wait to see what crafty goodness you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great finds!! And great prices too!! Can't wait to see your wreath!! I picked up some ornaments this weekend and I'm planning on makig a wreath too!! Love your Santas!

    chris

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)