Monday, May 27, 2013

Swap Up-Date and an Estate Sale Find!

 Hi Friends! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.
Well, the names are in for the swap and there are 17 of us! A great turnout I'd say.
Here are your partners! The colored names below are active links if you need them. I'll be emailing each of you with contact info as well. Please let me know if you've recently swapped with your chosen partner, and we can do some rearranging.
 
Erica of Golden Egg Vintage.................Michelle (The Tattered Quilt Cottage)
Dorothy of Hen's Rule...........Maggie (non-blogger)
Debbie R. (non blogger)........Debra G. (non-blogger)
 
So we have several gals without blogs this time. I tried to pair non-bloggers with someone who has a blog, in hopes that the blogger will post pics of what each of you sent and received. Is that ok with everyone? I hope so! :)
Debbie and Debra- If one of you will send me pics of your swap items I will do a post for you on my blog. This worked well with my last swap!
Thank you all for signing up, and please let me know if you have any questions etc.
I can't wait to see what everyone sends each other!
 
 
 Angie (my twin sister) and I went to an Estate Sale over the weekend. Everything was priced so high! But I didn't want to walk away empty handed because it had taken us forever to find the place!
 
These little guys were marked $12.00 but they accepted my $10.00 offer. I think it's really hard to find them without glue repairs because of their odd shape. But these are perfect! They're signed Geo.Z.Lefton and still have their foil stickers. So I think I did pretty well.
 
As I was looking through pictures today I remembered that these same little candy cane kids were featured on the cover of this vintage Christmas album that I bought last year.
 
OK, Sorry that my posts have been few and far between. I haven't been letting myself go to the flea markets or thrifts! Booooo! It's just not in the budget right now. So I haven't really had anything to show you. Oh! LOL I just thought of something fun to show you as I'm typing. Angie and I went to a couple sales last week and I haven't shown you those things. I'll post that tomorrow! :)
Talk to you soon my friends!
Erica
 
PS. There will be a MARKET MONDAY next MONDAY, one week from today. 5:00PM Central
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for coordinating this swap, Erica. What fun! Your candy cane figurines are just darling. I'm glad you rescued them. They look to be in perfect condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your candy cane finds they are sweet and 10.00 is not to much for them
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like they never even came out of the box! Nice find! Excited about Market Mondays! I have to start my Christmas collection so that I can do the swap next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed the sign up post!😢

    ReplyDelete
  5. I.am.so.jealous!!! Lefton does crazy things to my heart!! Lol.. so lucky you found those...what a score!! I wanted to join this swap so bad but dont have enough vintage things to give away or part with...yet. I am on the hunt :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saying hey to you Erica! It's been awhile! Hope all is well with you :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Lefton candy cane kids. Thanks for hosting the swap, Erica. I'm paired with Maggie, will she email me so I can get her address?
    Thanks,
    Dorothy and Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Erica! I'll be contacting Deb. Love that sweet Lefton set. How amazing you found a whole set that is all intact....great score!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too funny about your Lefton kids. I would have paid $12 bucks in a second for them! I bet you would have too:-)

    This morning, Hanna called me and asked why we didn't enter your Christmas in July Swap. I told her "Duh, because I hoard my vintage Christmas!". Maybe next year:-)

    Have a great week & Maddie says to tell you hi,

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)