Tuesday, June 12, 2012

REDNESDAY: Flea Market Finds

Hi Friends! I thought I'd show you some of my finds from the past week or so. Here we go...


This darling shelf was at the Flea Market for $5. The lady said it had been hanging in her mother's house for well over 50 years! I love that I didn't even have to paint it.
Now, I don't collect wiener dog things, but this one says "Beswick England" on the bottom and was at the Flea for $3...so I was in!


The "Where Women Create, Creative Connection" is held here in MN each fall. I bought the Panda Box( by Nicole Bowen ) and the Spun Cotton Mushroom ( by "Vintage by Crystal " ) when I was able to attend a couple years ago. Oh was it fun!!! I took two painting courses with Laurie Meseroll of Earth Angels, and I sewed the cutest mohair bunny with Jennifer Murphy and her mother Pat.
 I hope I can attend again this year. Let me know if any of you are going!

Three little spice jars...3/$1.00 at a garage sale. I couldn't pass that up. I love cobalt blue!

My Pyrex collection is still growing. At first I took this pic...just thought I'd show a couple at a time.

And then I thought, to HECK WITH IT!! Who am I trying to fool? If you've been following me, you'll know my current living situation, and that I have nowhere to display my Pyrex right now....

Pan out to what's REALLY going on!! LOL I had to take pics of them on my Dad's pool table, and then back into a box they'll go until I can get my own place next spring, after my surgery. I found the Red Square Hostess piece at the Goodwill for $5.
I guess a "girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do"...in order to get her Pyrex On! :)

Thank you all for visiting me today! Blogging is really helping me during this time inbetween my foot surgeries, when I'm not able to get out of (my parent's) house that much! I appreciate each one of you!

I'm linking up with " It's A Very Cherry World for REDNESDAY " for Rednesday! Pop on over to see lots of cute red things!









19 comments:

  1. Look at it this way - when you get back on your own, you won't need anything new for your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU have a serious case of PYREXIA! You can't buy new stuff for what you're getting the thrifted goodies for! Amazing!
    You are a lucky girl!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed that there are more Doxie owners on the blogs I read than any other breed. I'll bet one of them would have killed to find that little doggie. =D Fun stuff! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. that little shelf is great! i love that little dachshund too! it looks just like one my parents have had as long as i can remember, except his is sitting down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica, Great finds! Love the spice jars, what a deal. Heal quickly so you can get back to those fun sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet finds, and your Pyrex collection is so lovely!! Will be keeping you in my prayers for your surgeries and healing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful treasures...Your little doxie and the incredible collection of Pyrex!
    You were in the right place at the right time!
    Happy Rednesday!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute shelf! I would have snagged that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo! That blue/green leaf Pyrex reminds me of my mom! I wonder if she had one...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did very well with your Pyrex finds. They are getting real popular again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Erica! I displayed my stuff out on our deck on our hot tub for my last post! So the pool table is pretty cool! I love all the fun things you found! Gee, It is so much fun. Those are the little yellow frigies you were telling me about? My Little Bear sits up just like the Doxxie you found! Hang in there, and prayers are going your way from me!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shelf is adorable. I love all that Pyrex. I hope your foot is healing fast. Gotta be able to run to the flea market and sales. You don't want to miss too much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Erica,
    Oh! First off, I love your little schnoodle doggie Wellie, such a cutie pie!
    Your shelf is darling and so great for schnoodle doggie stuff ;) and you lucky - a spun cotton goody from Crystal. Everything is adorable.
    I took a class from Charlotte Lyons and Pam Garrison last January and a darling woman sat at my table and she told me she had gone to Creative Connection and loved it (she lives in MN) - she made it sound like so much fun. How wonderful to get to meet Jennifer Murphy and her mom. Pea green with envy over here.

    Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eek, three for a dollar? What a deal. Aren't you curious as to whether there are jars for the oth spices too? I am...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could be wrong but I think those little spice jars are very valuble. You need to do a little research. I remember my mother having some kind of teapot or something that matched those. Great deal at 3/for a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I either missed or have forgotten about your foot surgeries. Both feet or several on one foot? Thankfully, you have your parents' house to stay at while you recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great finds!! Your spice jars...what a buy!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, seriously? That shelf is adorable. I can't believe the cute stuff you have been finding. It is so fun reading your blog. XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)