Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Emboidered Half Aprons!

Yesterday, Renee over at "My Vintage Mending" did the cutest post about learning your embroidery stitches on checked gingham fabric. She found a really great booklet that shows just how to do it! I for one really needed this! I really want to learn how to embroider, but my only attempt was a disaster!

Coincidentally, I was just about to list these half aprons on Etsy today!

What a great way to learn to space your stitches!

Aren't these colors so cheerful? The stitching on this one looks like it took a lot of patience. But maybe once you get going it isn't as hard as it looks! By "hard", I mean hard to sit still! lol


Be sure to head over to "My Vintage Mending" to check out that booklet of Renee's. If you like anything to do with sewing, you'll be in "heaven" at her blog! I'm also linking up to Vintage Thingie Thursday today! Visit Colorado lady for lots of cute vintagey things!

10 comments:

  1. So cute!! I had a pattern somewhere that was a dachshund that could be stitched on gingham. I don't have a clue what I did with that! I must search!! Happy VTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? Ohhh if you find it, I'd love a copy! Do you have vintage doxie valentines? I tried to send you some with your quilt the other day, but couldn't find mine for the life of me! When I do, I'll pop them in the mail to you! Did you see my post about "Part Time Dog" the vintage children's book about the dachshund?
    Ok, enough weiner talk!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you as soon as i thought of doing the swap. Glad you signed up.
    I got an orange apron just like that at an antique store and gave it in a swap.
    You can go ahead and send me your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to learn embroidery stitches. The aprons are precious. I am going to go over and check out the blog. I would love to do it with my granddaughter. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are darling. I am super fond of the black and yellow one. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. These aprons are so cute. Love the idea on how to learn embroidery stitches.

    Tresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mom used to make this kind of apron and tablecloths too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erica,
    Oh...I love your aprons! I have been trying to do some gingham smocking...and, it leaves a bit to be desired. When I finish the red gingham apron (hopefully, within this decade)I will be sure to post it on my blog.
    I'm so glad you visited me, my new friend...thank you for becoming one of my sweet blogging friends!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)