Saturday, May 24, 2014

Revalations and Vintagey Stuff!

Hi Bloggy Pals. I hope you've been doing well!
As for me, I've been doing a lot of "soul searching", and mental house cleaning. So that's why I've been absent from my blog. Of course I won't go into all that here. We will just get to the things I've found over the past few weeks. I hope you've been having fun at the sales too!
 The season is finally here!
 This guy was at an estate sale. I never buy stuffed animals but I just think he's so perfectly aged and sweet. I also love his hand stitched pants, and his velvety feet!
 
 I also found a few bits of x-mas, and a neat vintage Betty Crocker recipe booklet. The cover is great!
 
I find the neatest recipes in these booklets.
 
 One of my revelations has been that I can skip going to estate sales on the first days, and have just as much fun going the last day...when things are half off and there aren't tons of people.
This way I spend very little money, avoid the anxiety of trying to get a good number, and  still manage to find a few things to make me happy!
Proof : A 503 fridgie in wonderful condition. It was $7.00 on day 3!
 
 A little lamb that I dug out of the toy box.
 
And x-mas corsages pulled from the attic.
 
 OK- I went to the flea market last weekend and couldn't believe my luck! A 4.5 foot "Splendor" Aluminum Christmas Tree! So I asked the guy how much he wanted for it and he says (I kid you not)...$2.00! I gave him $5.00 and he looked at me like I was nuts. It's all there, and in perfect shape. So I don't get it. I guess he just thought it was junky.
The iron piece is marked 1903! I cleaned it up and hung it on the living room wall.
 
 I also found this adorable German duck candy container, a super cute doll quilt, and this Borax tin. The tin is a repro, but I don't care.
 
 This landscape painting seems quite old, and I just thought it was pretty. I'll use the Santa sucker mold to make clay ornaments I think. It was just a quarter.
 
 I love this tin!
 
 And lastly, I found two large children's books.
 
 The illustrations are magical!
 
 Pretty darn cute!
 
OK, that's all. I'm heading to the flea market again in the morning. The weather is supposed to be great. Here's hoping I find a few treasures!
Have a fun week-
Erica :)
P.S  I APOLOGIZE for not commenting and keeping up with your blogs lately. I've been doing some different things. But I do hope to get back to regular blogging soon!
 


28 comments:

  1. Luck You, an aluminum tree for $5! Looks like you are having fun.
    Chris =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the estate sales. So much competition, so crowded, sometimes it makes me a wreck and it is just better to wait until day 3. That tin is AWESOME. I collect silhouettes and I collect tins, both together...Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you like crazy and glad to see you back in action again. I'm a sucker for vintage books. Love the illustrations. Vintage Christmas is amazing anytime of the year and that tree is over-the-top amazing! Loving that price! I totally agree about waiting for the 2nd or 3rd day of estate sales. Most of the the time, I can't get there because work comes first, but I'm loving the 50% off discounts.

    PS. Loved seeing you on Deb's blog. Glad you ladies all have each other to play/craft with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to help my daughter move yesterday and passed a thousand yard sales ugg but I guess it kept me from buying what I really didn't need.
    great finds.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Are Good!! All your finds are super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erica! I've missed you and your sweet posts! I hope you've been busy having fun and enjoying life. (It was so much fun to see you on Deb's blog, having a crafty blogging girlie get together.)
    So very many bloggers have quit or are slowing down greatly, it's changed so much in blog land. I keep thinking about stopping but continue for now...
    You find the best stuff, you lucky! How great to find that aluminum tree - I'll forever remember the one my best friend had at Christmas.

    Happy Memorial Day weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did have fun and found alot! The picnic basket caught my eye, I have the same one and it was my Grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed you! I understand the guilty feelings we can get by not keeping up with our blogs. But it's more important to focus on yourself. We all understand :-)

    There is absolutely no way that an aqua refrigerator dish would be at an estate sale even 10 minutes after it opened around here. You are one lucky chick! I have to deal with the anxiety of getting a good number and battling for things, otherwise I would get nothing. Just the way it goes in my neck of the woods!

    Glad you are back, even for just a little bit.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. That "would you rather" book is adorable. My Granddaughter is always wanting to play that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you heading to Medina!? We should met there this summer then go for breakfast at the little yellow place down the street. I have been MIA on the blog front too. I was happy to see your name pop up th is am. Hope your doing ok and finding what you need during your search. We need that in life every once in a while. Your finds are wonderful! They make me happy too. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see a post from you, Erica - I was happy to see Golden Egg Vintage!!!

    I love that tin - that is the cutest thing!!!!!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, you have scroed some treasures!!!! I want that tin with the silhouetttes so badly!!! It is absolutely wonderful - makes me very wistful. Noce to stop by and visit you again! Cackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Erica,
    I COVET the grate!!! It is just AWESOME!!! I also love the tree! SCORE! Yesterday we went to the Trader's market and today the flea market. Just found a few linens and kids books!
    Take care!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your finds. Lucky you to find that Christmas tree in the box for a great price too. So happy to see a new post from you - I've missed you.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. +I hope your absence has found you happy and having fun. I have missed you. I am anxious to see what you are up to. Love your finds. That teddy bear was well loved by someone and glad you gave it a new home. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT THE ALUMINUM TREE FOR THAT PRICE! LUUUUUUUCKKKKYYYYY! love that silhouette tin too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you were lucky with that aluminum tree. It is on my want list and that is such a great deal!! I am with you about estate sales. I can't sleep the night before the first day so unless my husband is going, I don't go on the first day. I go the 2nd or last day when I can get bargains and I still find stuff. I just get way too anxious. So glad you are back as I missed your posts. Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Erica! So lovely to see you here! Wonderful finds, love everything you got, I can't believe the tree was only $2!!! And so nice of you to give him 5 :) The illustrations in the books are just darling and so very cute!! Hope you find some fun things at the flea market!! Happy Memorial Day!!
    :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Estate sales stress me out quite a bit. I usually go the first day, but I arrive shortly after it has opened. I return the second day if the sale is high-priced, etc...

    Love your treasures. I'll have to get out to the Flea more often this year. I've been hitting the garage sales and thrift stores lately.

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. $2 for an aluminum tree?!?! JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great buys especially on that aluminum tree!

    ReplyDelete
  22. DANG you find the cutest things!! I'm so glad you're back, I'VE MISSED YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet finds!! I agree with going the next days for estates! I am doing the same. ;) Glad you have found some cute treasures!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always love seeing your treasures! I bet you were at that big sale in Elko, I seem to miss it because we always have company staying over those weekends! I have so much stuff right now, I have no place to put it anyway! Have a happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I totally agree with you about not stressing. After all none of us needs this stuff and it's just fun. I too have gotten great stuff at amazing prices by just going with the flow. Nice job on the fridgie for only $7! Stacey at the Gluten Free Pastor's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Erica, what a load of fabulous finds. Wish I could find stuff like this. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all your wonderful finds! So many sweet sweet things. Glad you are slowing down and enjoying the ride. Hunting can be crazy making when in fact it supposed to be (at least for me) about discovery and having fun.
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Whew! Look at all that loot! And nifty prices, too! Have fun with all your treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)