Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Antique Store Finds

 My Mom has been great about making sure that I get to the thrift store or antique shop at least once a week during all this cast business. Yesterday she took me to a really big antique store a few towns over.

 
I found quite a few cute things. Including this vintage Sugar Crisp ad, and the Texaco one above. They're big ads, and they'll be great in frames I think! Here are the other things that came home with me...

Somewhere on Pinterest I saw someone display their Red 401 Pyrex Mixing Bowl full of vintage cookie cutters. It looked so darn cute that I have been on the hunt for ones with red and green handles. These were cheap, but have you seen the prices on EBay for cookie cutters lately? Ridiculous!

A "Wolverine" brand kiddie iron for $2.50! My mom thought I was crazy for buying this. But I have a vintage red child's ironing board that I'm going to pair it with. I think my niece will think it's fun!

I couldn't pass up this Sunny Book for $1.50! But do you see that original price tag peeking out? Yes, I'd like 6/1.00 please! Haaa!

Hmmmm....It's a mystery for sure!

I added 3 cute vintage cards to my collection for only $1 each. I really want to get into fixing vintage images (digitally), and perhaps make things with them to sell. I need to think about it some more, but Meri has given me some good advice! Speaking of, Meri (of ImaginMeri's Creations)  actually sent me the super cute wrapping paper that's in the background, along with lots of other little treasures, when she sent her amazing Friendship Tag! Thank you so much Meri! You are a sweetheart!

Speaking of sweethearts...Debbie (of My Vintage Daydreams) sent me this darling kiddie toaster! She also sent a trio of the cutest little plaques with Dutch decals on them! I'll have to show you those another time as I messed up the picture! Thank you Debbie! You really made my day with that beautiful package!

 OK, back to the things from the antique store. Look at this sweet little thread box!
I wonder who EN was. I need to change it to a E.B though!

 Sweet candy colored Coats Threads!

LOL I shouldn't even show you this because I know I said I was quitting this habit! But the 024 Casserole is my favorite! I still wanted the pink one...and there it was! Actually this one is a "Desert Dawn" Pink, and I don't care that it's missing it's lid. I want to stack all the colors together anyway!

In other Pyrex news...I didn't have any of this pattern and they were only $6 at the thrift. Oops, I didn't wash them before this pic. I think the white one will turn out nice and bright.

Another Rand McNally for my collection, and some vintage x-mas ribbon.


And then these were all at the Goodwill. My favorite is that little Elephant! And the aqua planter is McCoy. It's got a chip, but that's OK!

I hope you're all having a fabulous week! I'm feeling much better and I'm hoping to do lots of crafting and art over the next few days! Talk to you soon!
Erica :)

There were so many red things in this post that I'm going to link up with Sue for REDNESDAY!
Make sure to hop on over to "It's A Very Cherry World" to see other cute things!








37 comments:

  1. Your Mom is a hero taking you shopping; the best medicine! A prescription for a thrift store is in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you took full advantage of your one day out!! What haul!! All of your finds are so special!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, it just kept going and going, it was fantastic! The cards are super fun. Love the cut out ones. And that Texaco ad couldn't be more on point for us here in Colorado! I was just thinking about getting the Husband to turn up the heater. Yay for your awesome mom taking you out! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little toaster is so cute! And that iron, I wouldn't moan again about the ironing! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed at all your lovely finds. I kept scrolling up and down looking at everything over and over again. I have a clear glass cookie jar in my kitchen that holds my vintage cookie cutters. It stays out all year round. How nice that your mom is getting you out and about during your recovery. I remember being absolutely stir-crazy during my foot recovery. Glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you're feeling better - all that shopping would make anyone perk right up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you able to get out and have some fun! You found so many awesome things! I especially like the cookie cutters, they are going to look awesome in the glass jar!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Cute Cute!!!

    Did you see the little toy irons on pinterest made into towel hooks for the kitchen?? Love them! Now I'm on the hunt for them :)

    xox Hope you're feeling good and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great mom to make sure that you get your antique fix once a week! I love your idea of the 401 with the cookie cutters. We will definitely be doing that this Christmas. And as for quitting your Pyrex habit? Yeah, how is that going for you:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the cookie cutters with the red handles, I put up a white christmas tree in my kitchen and have several of these hanging on it. I pick up any I can come across. Your vintage adds are so cute!! Love them also.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well its a comfort to know that even with your messed up foot, you still manage to get around to pick up adorable goodies. Let me know when you decide to work on graphics and I'll try to help you out.

    Hugs N Love,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not on pinterest, but great idea with the cookie cutters and pyrex!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you really got some good finds!! Love them all, especially those darling cookie cutters! :) Have a great day! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healing therapy through some antiquing. My kind of mending. Love that Texaco ad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Erica,

    So glad you are out and about a little. I love all the "great deals" you go on those amazing treasures.

    Smiles,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Erica,
    Your mom is so great to feed you addiction! I am happy you been getting out and finding all these goodies! I really like those old ads, so cool and cute! The cookie cutters are going to looks so cute with the bowl!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you are able to get out and find such great things. I love the pyrex and the iron and the cookie cutters. Thanks for your sweet comments about my little Max. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kitchen tree is gingerbread and peppermint themed every year...those old fashioned cookie cutters look really cute on a kitchen tree. I was going to mention the toy irons as towel holders, but someone beat me to it. Gotta love Pinterest...the best wasted time of the day! =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, Erica - apparently I have been missing out on your blog, too! Just going to cut and paste your address in my reader, and I'll catch up! Glad we finally met!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such wonderful treasure you have. Those are some awesome old cookie cutters too. Lots to take in. I am your newest follower. Hop on over and say hi.....Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. What sweet treasures to find while your are mending!! Love that toaster and iron!! I need to find a pink one to go with my kiddy ironing board!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. darling finds! i especially love the little thread holder, and the iron! your site is darling, i can't wait to go back and read some of your past posts.

    xo
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are all great finds -- you do vintage shopping very well!!! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness... what fabulous finds you have! I'd surely have to make some cookies with those cookie cutters--- you know, they might be "defective" lol

    I have seen wreaths decorated with cookie cutters, I just have mine in a huge glass jar with a lid. (I don't like to dust lol)
    big hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Erica, You found some great goodies! That pumpkin Texaco ad is so cute. I loved the books and the goodwill finds, too. You always find the best things! Your mother is so nice to take you out thrifting. Glad you are on the mend, I know I can't wait to get up and run around the house doing things again! :-)
    Blessings from me and Ms. Wilma (she won't get off my lap so I can type)!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness! Having a cast is almost worth the wonderfulness that found it's way to your home. Everything makes me smile! Have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tell your mom that the iron for $2.50 was well worth it, especially if you had the perfect ironing board waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My your Mom was good to you! Such cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like you had a super trip with all those treasures. Have a great week! Joyous wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  30. you have one very thoughtful mama to take you thrifting! You found some really neat things. It's hard to say which I like best...the little iron or the cookie cutters. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the blue McCoy planter and the cookie cutters. Those would fit in well at my house.
    I want to go shopping with you next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! What a haul ya got there, Erica! This post made me feel happy- and normal. :) It's so nice to know other bloggers who love the same things I do instead of roll their eyes at me!

    No, No not crazy at all for buying that iron and the cookie cutters are so cute and well, everything is! I love the vintage wrapping paper from Meri. I'd scan that! I want to learn how to clean up old graphics, too. It's on my "to learn" in life list! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. You always find the most amazing and cute things! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Girl, I got your package in the mail yesterday! You are so sweet, I just loved everything! I so love Mary Engelbreit and was sad when she stopped publishing her magazine. It was my favorite and I do not have either one of these you sent me!! I lost a lot of mags when I moved into the new place. Her magazines were always full of such great decorating ideas and crafts. And I loved the kitchen towel and journal, thank you, you did cheer me up! I hope you are healing up as well, take care,
    Hugs and much love from me and Ms. Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  35. Erica you have found some great stuff. Lucky girl. I am so glad you had fun treasure hunting. I agree you really have to watch the prices on the cookie cutters. I have a bunch on them from my MIL collection but they are all metal.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Erica,
    Oh....My goodness! What a treasure trove of vintage sweetness. I love each item. Oh, those cookie cutters, and vintage toys. Your photography and backgrounds are darling...and so nicely displayed. I can't think of a better way to spend the day than thrifting!
    Big hugs,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow! so much fun stuff! Great finds and great mom!
    have a great day!
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)