Sunday, July 1, 2012

This Weekend At The Flea: Not Too Bad :)

Hi Girls! Well, it's HOT here in Minnesota, and for me that means I'm all about the indoors! I'm not one of those people who just "loves the heat"! There seems to be lots of that type here. Probably making up for the insanly cold winter months, when we can barely inhale the freezing air! But I'm all about the A.C!
The only time I ventured out over the weekend was for my beloved FLEA MARKET.
 Here is what I found...

A mint box full of glass ornaments for $4. I can never have too many you know!
They're like candy! I put them in glass jars at x-mas. And they have a Weight Watcher Points value of zero!

Yippie, my first Butterprint Bowl! It was covered in sticky yellow gunk, so I got it for $4. I used "Bar Keepers Friend", and it came right off! I also bought the Butterfly Gold 402 for $5.

These were my favorite find of the day. Six Rand McNally's for $4. Have you noticed that everyone on Ebay is selling them for like $5 a piece now? I always find mine one at a time at flea's or thrifts, so it was fun to buy a batch!

This doll dress is so soft. And I love that there were little bloomers to match. My mom gave me "that look" and said  "Now what are you going to do with that?"  Ummm....Whatever. :)

More Christmas fun! These will be great with some old spun cotton snowmen.

Whenever I see vintage DC comics I pick them up for a friend of mine. I think he'll like this batch!


I only let myself go to one of the Fleas this weekend, because there is a great sale coming up. It's at "Annies Attic", which is my favorite antique store in town. Annie's birthday is on the 8th. She and most of the dealers offer 50% off! This is MAJOR! I can't wait to share with you what I find. I hope to get some great deals on things I can put in my Etsy shop too!

Ok girls, thanks for following along. I hope you all had a GREAT weekend!
Erica :)

24 comments:

  1. Hi Erica!
    Oh...You are one brave soul to venture out in the heat! But, I can tell it was worth it by the wonderful treasure you found!
    Thank you for your warm comment on my patriotic post. I love...love...love this time of year with all it's red, white and blue!
    I hope you are staying cool and that this heat wave won't last forever!
    I feel guilty because where I live it's actually quite cool. Last night, I woke up because my feet were cold!
    Have a great week, my friend!
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on your way to a Butterfly Gold set!!
    The books are just sweet, inever find anything like that!!!

    I wish I was tagging along to Annie's sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a fun blog! Love your banner. I'm totally jealous of those Rand McNally books. I pick them up whenever I can. The graphics are always the sweetest.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not one for outdoor activities in the heat - except for flea markets! You did good this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..nice finds!!! I didn't go to the flea market in Medina. too hot!
    I "must" know, where is Annie Attic??!!!I'm always on the hunt for treasures! LOL!
    Keep cool.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica,
    You found some great things. My fave is the pyrex-you lucky. I just bought some of the Barkeepers Friend to clean off the gray silverwear marks on my dishes. It worked like a charm. Love, love the little books. I hope it cools down a little so you can step outside for the Fourth! LOL. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it I quit...You found a lot of my books and you just need to stop stealing them.....kidding. You found a number of titles I don't have. If you think about selling let me know first please. I abhor the heat and long for the day the heater has to kick on....great haul as usual. Zero calories...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY HEY HEY! Careful on the 'scope creep' (Project Management term) when it comes to book collecting. I have tried to stay with one type, or I'd have so many lists going I'd never remember which ones I have! Smile...

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' all your great finds, especially the books, and Christmas goodies! Wishing some cooler weather your way! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, the Weight Watchers points reference cracked me up! LOVE the books! And the Christmas doo-dads. You are one lucky shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erica,

    Oh how I wish you lived near me (or me near you) we would be shopping sisters for sure. Love those treasures you found.

    Smiles,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erica, love all of your finds. Your Weight Watchers comment gave me a good laugh. I collect vintage ornaments and place them in jars at Christmas also. Just love that old look. I am already following you and I think your header is fab!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can't resist the tiny ornaments either! i'm kind of worried to pull out my christas stuff this year, i can't stop adding to my collection!
    awesome bowl! butter print is the pattern i collect, but i don't have any big bowls yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wilma loves the doll dress and bloomers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there! What lovely finds and goodies you found!! Love the Christmas and the books, Can never have too many of those :) Hope you have some cooler days there, happy Monday! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. p.s. Wellie is SSOOOOOO CUTE!! and I'm your newest follower :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE those books, and I'm almost positive I remember the Little Deer one from my childhood! Yes, I refuse to pay alot for those books. It's more fun to happen upon them accidentally, and pay a quarter for them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! I have had such fun looking through all of your vintage treasures. I love that so many of us find delight in the same items. Your sailor kitten post was especially a favorite. Thank you so much for visiting me at Creative Breathing. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the blog Erica and the comics are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ben! Yes, the comics are super cute and little. I will keep my eyes peeled for more!
      Hugs to You,
      Erica :P

      Delete
  21. Love those ornaments! They are on my thrifty wish list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Erica you hit the mother load of jack pots. My mom had the butter print bowls when I was growing up and now I collect them. Bar Keeper Friend is my best friend it cleans up a lot of stuff. The Rand McNally books are so sweet. I just love them.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well you sure did good! I guess it was smart that you decided to venture out in the heat. I too love a box of Vintage Christmas better then candy! LOL Happy Summer

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)