Friday, August 29, 2014

Where Are You Christmas?

Hi, My Bloggy Pals! I'm here. Still alive. :)
I hope you're all doing well! Tonight I'm staying out at my parent's house and so I thought it would be a great chance to finally do a post. I'm now without a computer at my place! My new ( in February) laptop already bit the dust, and I had to send it back to "Dell".
Anyways...I've been working on some "self improvement" this summer. Yes, that's what we shall call it. ;)  And so I haven't been going to many sales or the flea market. But I did go to one a couple weeks ago. Boy, did it feel good! Ok, here's what I found.....
 
Such terrible pics! Sorry. But anyways...two knee huggers, a Santa corsage, an unopened plastic tablecloth, a mesh stocking, and other little bits. I wonder if those bells glow in the dark.  
 
This sale showed tons of vintage x-mas in the photos. But I don't "play the game" like I used to, and so I got there late...right when it started. I was #48 in line.
 
I lucked out and was able to grab the last bit of x-mas stuff.
But it was kind of hard to watch all the dealers with their piles of it. Oh well...they got there at 3:00AM probably, so they deserve it!
 
 In the garage I found a big stack of vintage lanterns, including an unopened package with super cute graphics!
 
 My favorite find of the day were these vintage sparklers! I've never found them before, and now I have an instant collection! I love the one that says "Western Sparklers".
 
 Girls, I've been kicking myself for not taking a pic of the kitchen in this home. The stove-top and oven were the most perfect shade of vintage aqua. And the oven was set into a little brick wall. It could not have been cuter. The house it self was painted aqua too.
Above are a pair of valances that she must have used in the kitchen!
Yes, I didn't even wash that McCoy pot before taking its photo. Sorry!
 
 And then there were Easter things, and a pretty, cotton tablecloth.
 
So that's that! It felt really good to get back to doing something that I love!
I've missed blogging too. And I appreciate that many of you checked up on me while I was away. It's great to have such sweet friends out there.
 
Hey- I know you'll think I'm CRAZY, but I've already been thinking about hosting a x-mas swap again this year. And I think I've thought of something fun. So keep it in mind for when the time comes. ;)
Erica
 
 
 
 
 


 


29 comments:

  1. Hey you! SO good to hear from you! You did great at the sale!!! So many wonderful items....I would love to do a swap at Christmas! Are you doing the one Deb and I are sponsoring? Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. I guess better "late" then never! you still found some neat stuff. Im loving those vintage sparklers! Great find!! Hope you get your computer fixed and back up and running soon.
    have a great labor day weekend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! You always find the best stuff <3 I always enjoy seeing your latest finds. I think I recognize that little doggy drawing at the end of your post from one of my favorite childhood books...The Part-Time Dog...right? Maybe?
    Enjoy your weekend...I hope Dell gets your laptop fixed soon!
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love vintage Christmas.........but oh my, those sparklers!! What a find and great graphics for display. Good to see you post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica, I'm so happy to see this post. Don't worry your sweet bloggy friends by staying away so long. Ugh, computer ills, have had a lot of them myself. Your computer is too new for that stuff. Hope you get it back soon.

    You did great at that sale! I would be like you an go late. Too crazy showing up at 3:00 a.m. Just love all your Christmas finds, especially the cute elves, but those sparklers are amazing. Fab graphics! Such a pretty tablecloth.

    Oh yeah, please do a Christmas swap! xo, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about your computer...ugh! NICE Christmas finds! as well as the other treasures. Thanks for signing up for the Halloween/Fall swap!
    Cool sparklers!!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh...you found some sweet pixies! I hope you get back on a computer soon but it's nice to spend time with family and enjoy the summer! Love your holiday treasures. You'll have so much fun decorating this year and crafting! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you believe that I don't have one single package of vintage sparklers? They are pretty hard to find around here and when I do, they cost a ton! I would have died to have found that Western one. Especially since I collect vintage cowboy stuff. You lucked out!

    So glad to see you on my blog roll this morning. I've missed you so much! Hope all is going well and that you are feeling good. Keep in touch!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you back again. You still scored despite not being first in the door..meant to be! The vintage sparklers are my favorite. I have a small collection of them, but I don't run across them often. The graphics on those boxes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet finds!! Love the sparklers!! Christmas goodies are always neat to find! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to see you again in blog land. Those sparklers are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to know you are doing well and finding some great items, especially Christmas stuff. Computer problems are the worst! I've been so lucky with my Chromebook!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erica, it is great to see you back! So sorry to hear about your computer. That is not good. Hopefully it will be back soon. Great great finds! Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erica! So nice to see a post from you! :) Love all those sweet finds you got! Those knee huggers are just adorable! And oh my goodness I love love those vintage firecrackers! That is an instant collection!! Have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still an amazing haul to be so far back in line!! Love the knee huggers, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have missed you and wondered if you stopped blogging but was so happy to see a post from you. GREAT finds girl! Love love love those cute pixies and the sparklers and the jadite colored bells. I am glad you got so many cute things despite being so far back in line.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh it is so good to see you back in blog land. I am so happy you got out and had some fun. You came home with some real beauties my dear. i would love to do a swap with you.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey girlfriend, I'm so glad to see you back! You found lots of goodies, and I would love to do a swap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's so frustrating when the tools we depend on let us down! I mean, what is a blogger who can't blog? I was thinking about you yesterday when I came across one of your creations in my office closet...a Christmas arrangement in a teacup! I haven't been blogging as much myself...but I think things run in cycles. I am more likely to work on family history in the summer and blog them so my family can see them...and my blogging friends as well. Hope to see you back soon in a more regular fashion. =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. glad to see you back! and i would have loved to see what christmas was there at the beginning for being what is left that is a great pile. but I LOVE those sparkler boxes! That isn't something I even thought to look for, but those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a happy holiday haul! I never find knee huggers around here. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy some online!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to have you back! What a fun haul!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Erica! It looks like you found lots of cute things, even if you were way back in the line. I love the pretty tablecloth and the easter napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad to see your post Erica, I've missed you! Hope you've been having some fun along with the self improvement! I see you found lots of cute stuff, you always find the best stuff.
    Woof woof to Wellie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice to see you back Erica! Love your finds, the house sounds adorable! Need to get back into the estate sales too, seems to be where the best things are. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  26. SOOOOO good to have you back my friend. I have been worried about you. You do find the very best goodies. I will have to see what you will be plotting and planning for Christmas. Keep in touch.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Erica - great to see a post from you, hope there's more..

    You haven't lost your touch, still finding great stuff!,

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi again!
    Thank you so much for your very sweet comments Erica. It's so very nice to have you back and to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoyed your Christmas Find! You must have a breathtaking household display at Christmas time! Or Is it all year long?

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)