Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hold Up!!

 Early this morning I drove out to my parent's house. We're getting a new roof at our place and so I decided to stay with them for a couple of days rather than listen to the pounding. I was minding my own business, enjoying the pretty drive, when out of the blue I was FORCED to follow  this sign!
 
 This is where I ended up. Hmmmm...
 
 Inside the garage there were two very sweet Grandmother's and all their vintage x-mas ornaments! They were watching their grandchildren for the day because it's conference time for the schools.
 
 Shiny Brite Love! 
 
 These are my first COBY boxes. Though I think some of the ornaments are Shiny Brites and some have U.S.A caps. I need to learn about COBY still.
 
 I've wanted a Snowman ornament like this for along time, and I think I just pinned one last night. It's funny how things come into your life like that.
 
 These Shiny Brite's are neat with their eagles and stars!
The vintage Christmas Carols are really sweet too.
 
 I'm thinking that these little glass ornaments with their plastic caps must have been made right after they stopped putting metal caps on them. The graphics are very retro! Coasters made in England should be good for paper crafting or a banner maybe??
 
 Bags of super tacky candy garland, snowflakes, bows, and tinsel will all go into my supply cupboard.
 
Retro x-mas greens to cut apart, a ceramic Santa, and cute mini lights.
So that's that! It was so much because it was very unexpected.
 
Well, I just wanted to say I'm sorry to my followers. I haven't been a good blogger friend lately. I'll be honest and tell you that my R.A. is really taking it's toll. Lots of pain and fatigue. And it's so frustrating when you have a long list of things that you want (or need) to get done. It's like you don't get to be the person that you want to be. I haven't been good about catching up and commenting on blogs, or even emails for that matter. I really do apologize! Hopefully things will start to get better soon. :)
OK- Have a great weekend my friends,
Erica
 
 
 


21 comments:

  1. A perfect sale for you. So glad you found some cute Christmas goodies and some things to craft with too!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy, shiny blog...your enthusiasm is contagious. Sending cyber wishes from England. Eco Ethel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Erica - I hope you are feeling better soon <3 What an awesome sale you stumbled across - I would've been hard pressed not to have bought out the whole garage! You are so gifted when it comes to finding all the good ol' stuff!
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sale was absolutely perfect timing for you. I hope you can find some time to play and craft soon. I'm sorry that your RA pain is so difficult. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica, I hope youre soon able to get some relief from your RA. It sucks to have something that robs you of doing the things you love to or need to do. Im glad you found some christmas goodies! Can you believe that christmas is out in someof the stores already!? YIkes!
    have a great weekend my friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you (or Magpie Ethel) would come across a sale like that! Only vintage Christmas??!! I would DIE and buy it all!!! So are you telling me that if I pin a picture of Justin Timberlake, he will end up at my door? I'm about to blow up Pinterest!

    So sorry to hear about your RA. You don't have to worry about us, though. Just work on feeling better! That sale had to have helped ease some of the pain, at least for a while, right?

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that must have perked you up a bit!!! I would have pulled in to that driveway too, real quick!!

    Feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  8. :( The fatigue is the worst part isn't it? Some days I could just lay down and DIE I tell you. Hope some of the meds/med change/something gives you relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect sale!!! Looks like lots of great things!! Those two sweet old ladies were probably tickled to have you rescue some of their pretties! :) Hope the pain starts feeling better!!! And I can't wait to start seeing some of your sweet Christmas crafts!! :) Hope you have a lovely weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. All Christmas with 2 grandma's? Id' have cried for joy!

    Hope you find some relief from the RA soon.
    Counting my blessings gets me through the hard times. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ornaments!! They look like they are in fantastic condition! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meant to be and a good reward for putting up with a roofing project! Take is easy and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you leave them anything or just offer one price for the entire garage-full??? You are a lucky, lucky girl when it comes to shopping! Now, have some anti-inflammatories and sit in a whirlpool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Christmas finds! Love the greenery and cute snowman coasters! I found some plastic greenery too this week ready to cut for something! Hope you feel better with less pain soon! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is some great Christmas goodies! You'll be busy making some nice treasures!
    Take care!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh hugs and more hugs to you dear friend. I feel so bad for you that you are having trouble again. I think of you often and am sending good wishes for you to feel better. Great items...again! Love ya, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. At least your RA didn't stop you from the important things ~ finding excellent vintage Christmas!
    Love the banner idea using the snowman napkins.

    Chris =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Erica, Catching up on my blog reading and got a good laugh here..."forced" to follow the sign. Good thing you did, you found some great vintage Christmas. I hope you're feeling a little better by now. ((Hugs)), Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! i would have pulled over for that sale too! i hope those grandmas got a kick out of how much you loved the ornaments! you go so many beautiful ones!
    i hope you feel better soon. you don' have to apologize! blogs are supposed to be fun! sometimes i get too overwhelmed with other stuff, and end up having to push "mark all as read" on my reader and i always feel guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a perfect sale! Dont you just love a unexpected sale!?! :)
    I hope you are getting some good rest. Wishing you feel good days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First, I hope that you are feeling much better by now! Second, I, too, have been too overwhelmed to be bloggin much - I need a clone! Boy, do I wish I would come across some grannies having a Christmas sale here!!! Nirvana!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Golden :)